when we signed up to do the INDIEana Handicraft show, one of my goals was to create a new, and more robust, line of bags to unveil. last fall i jumped feet first into my first bag making experience with the robot head bags, and after learning from mistakes and discovering issues in my methods, i rethought my approach.
i started by printing yards of fabric with solid colors and patterns. then i cut each piece into the sized panels for the bags. i approached each panel individually, creating, 30+ different print collages. yesterday, i began constructing the bags. the first couple were a bit of a discovery process, but by #3 i had my method down. i used zippers and interfacing for the first time, and i must admit, can't believe i didn't use these sooner. i actually love being able to structure things using the interfacing. i've got 12 bags completed, and now i'm going to head back to the fabric shop, so i can make a few padded iPad bags as well.