Thursday, January 2, 2014

New year, new rubber boots

I don't know how we missed it, but we missed it. 


Zach and I had somehow managed to miss all the weather updates and reports yesterday and we had no idea we were in for some major snow! It snowed throughout the night and when we woke up this morning, the ground was covered in several inches of snow. I took a yard stick out on the patio and measured a modest 4 inches. It doesn't sound like a lot, but that is all it takes to mar the road conditions. For a brief second, I felt bad for all the people who had  places they had to be. Snow days like this are meant to be enjoyed. The snow is a good reason to slow down. This is, after all, the first snow fall of the year. Chaos and obligations aside, it is quiet, peaceful, and gorgeous; untouched, undisturbed, raw.


I stepped outside in my new boots and filmed the beautiful snowfall. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...