Tuesday, May 15, 2012

singapore: day 02

Our second day in singapore was mostly spent running errands with my mom. Leon and Faith's wedding is in 3 days and there are still quite a bit of preparations left to do. So we tagged along, following her to old Chinatown in People's Park and then onto the hustle and bustle that is Orchard Road. She wanted to make sure Zach ate well ...


braised duck

hard boiled eggs in the same gravy that they put over the duck meat and the rice

tofu

so her and my dad took us to eat the famous Lim Seng Lee duck rice on South Bouna Vista Road. This restaurant has been around for over thirty years and I eat here every time I come home. The duck is lean and tender and comes in just the right portion to leave you wanting more ... mmmmm ...



Zach brought his sketchbook with him and here are a few drawings from the afternoon ...





3 comments:

Gillian said...

Oh gosh I looooooooove their duck! Used to go there pretty often when I was working in NUS! Anyhows, I hope you guys are having a great time! This is the first time you're seeing the barrage and MBS for yourself right?

Corrinne said...

Yum! i am salivating...

Tom Sarmo said...

Cool to see the sketches--I like the freedom you seem to have with the marker. Never been out of the U.S. either, and these buildings are decidedly surreal to me. Glad the jet lag isn't keeping you from drawing

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...