Thursday, November 20, 2014

Almost Thanksgiving!

Muir Woods, where we spent Thanksgiving in 2010

We're about a week away from Thanksgiving, and everywhere I look on Facebook, people have their Christmas trees up already. Is it because the weather outside is frightful? We don't have the tradition of putting up a tree for the holiday season. But we are looking forward to cooking for the hoildays. Last year, Zach and I were super ambitious. We made a gourmet mac and cheese, pickled beets, a wild rice casserole, pumpkin pies, and a tres leches cake (why not?!!!). This year, we are planning on bringing with us the same pickled beets, wild rice casserole, and pumpkin pies. But instead of slaving over the mac and cheese, Zach is making turkey meatballs, and I am thinking about possibly baking some ginger cookies. His grandparents, mom, and aunts will make everything else. I also can't wait to go shopping at the last farmers' market of the season this weekend! I like seeing my farmer friends one last time and thank them for feeding us so well this year.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...