Friday, September 14, 2012

how do you eat an elephant?

I met with my friend Corrinne yesterday. It was quite a rare opportunity that her husband was home from work and could watch the kids, which allowed us a whole afternoon together. I ended up gabbing away on how I was struggling to write my dissertation. The stress of trying to finish was getting to me and I've been suffering from insomnia ever since Zach and I got back from Singapore. So Corrinne, being the awesome bio-psychologist she is, talked to me about the neuroscience behind restful sleep, resetting my circadian rhythm naturally, and learning how to deal with stress and anxiety. She said to think of the dissertation as a metaphorical big elephant. Now how do you eat an elephant?


One bite at a time!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...