Wednesday, August 1, 2012

We're Experimenting!

We're experimenting with wolfberries!

Known and valued widely for its medicinal properties, wolfberries are high in antioxidants, beta carotene, and vitamins B and C. My mom has been using wolfberries in tonic soups for as long as I can remember. Zach and I often add wolfberries to tea too since they have a naturally sweet taste. Lately, wolfberries (also known as goji berries) have ascended into "superfood" status. I am not surprised, but I am curious to see if we can grow a wolfberry bush in a container on our patio in Indiana. Hence the experiment!

I soaked a handful of dried wolfberries overnight before removing the seeds the next day.


And then I planted the seeds in 4 little plastic pots we got at Target for a steal (they were 29 cents each!).


Now all we have to do is wait and see what happens ...


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...