Thursday, February 19, 2015

The Year of the Sheep/Ram/Goat

Happy Lunar New Year! I'm not sure if I should say it's the year of the sheep, ram, or goat. I guess you can decide that for yourself.

Last year, I shared five Chinese new year traditions that I love. Since we don't get to go back to Singapore for all the festivities, Zach and I decided to come up with one of our own.


A couple of days ago, I went online and bought us some daruma dolls.


Daruma dolls come with no eyes. The point is assign a goal to each doll, and color in one eye. That signifies the start of your working towards that goal ...



You color in the other eye when you have achieved your goal. This may take weeks, months, or even years, but it doesn't really matter as long as you keep working towards your goal.



For the year of the sheep/ram/goat, we have four dolls, and four goals we are working together to accomplish!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...