Wednesday, November 2, 2011

"the most beautiful fraud in the world"

I have trouble sitting through movies. It’s true. Just ask Zach. We pop in a DVD, cuddle up, start the movie, and I’d be fast asleep within the hour! The last time I actually finished watching a movie was Monday on Halloween night … for spook’s sake, we decided it would be fun to turn off all the lights and watch the original 1978 release of “Halloween” (my first time). Super hilarious acting, Jamie Lee Curtis. Super creepy music, John Carpenter. I can’t get that bone chilling tune out of my head ...


I find I have to watch my favorite shows in 30-minute intervals … as a result, a 2-hour movie turns into a 4 episode ordeal. Works well for me, but is most likely an inconvenient nuisance for Zach.

Here’s a list of some movies I love and can remember watching in just one sitting …
Bettlejuice (we’ll both watch anything by Tim Burton)
Departures
Death at a Funeral (the British version)
to quote the famous screenwriter/film director Jean-Luc Godard, "Cinema is the most beautiful fraud in the world."

what are some of your all-time favorite movies?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...