Friday, September 11, 2015

We ate our way through Singapore ...

It's almost two weeks since we've been back from Singapore. And for the most part, we are nearly over our jet-lag and adjusting better to the local time (even if Zach is still running on less than 6 hours of sleep each night!). I've been making this trip annually for the last 17 years and I don't remember taking this long to get back into the groove of things. I suppose the jet-lag gets worse the older I get.

Still, the trip back home is worth every bit of the jet-lag we are suffering. It is always nice to be able to see family and to be able to spend time with the people we don't get to see too often. And in Singapore, there's always food. Glorious food. Zach and I did not do much sightseeing on this trip, but we did eat our way through Singapore. Most days, we'd stuff our bellies with two breakfasts, a modest lunch, and a big dinner. We ate a lot. And we tried taking pictures of what we ate. But more often than not, we'd only remember to do that after we we done eating. So these are all the pictures we have ...


Zach requested roti prata for breakfast one morning, so we ordered 8 pieces of different kinds of prata, yellow lentil curry, and mutton curry for dipping.


On the day we visited the Singapore Art Museum, we made a pit stop at Bras Brasah Complex to see the Sheryo and the Yok mural and have some yong tau foo for lunch.



Dinner with my aunts and cousins was an elaborate affair. 7 different dishes, that included the fish head curry that Zach and I love.





We had dinner at one of Zach's favorite places (from his last visit) one night. This place serves up the yummiest grilled seafood. I look at these pictures now and they still make me drool ... :) It's a pity the seafood selection is so limited here in Indiana. I'd do almost anything for Zach to grill me a piece of stingray for dinner tonight!


p.s. If you are visiting Singapore soon and would like to have an idea of what to eat, here's a post we wrote after our visit in 2012!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...