Thursday, March 29, 2012

Recipe of the Week: Chicken Patties on the Grill

I had previously blogged about the new grill I got for Zach as his early birthday gift. I tried to explain in that post, that the gift to Zach turned out to be the best gift for me ...

Most nights I either get to sit back and enjoy the evening breeze while my lovely husband makes us dinner, or we get to make dinner together without fighting for precious real estate in this tiny kitchen of ours! You see, this new grill allows Zach to cook the main course out on the patio, while I prep the other side dishes and/or make dessert in the kitchen. It's my favorite way to wind down the work day. 

The only thing that would make this better is if I can get him to do the dishes afterwards ...  :)


The recipe of the week is for chicken patties with sage and apples. It's a nice change from hamburgers if you're looking for something new to grill!

Ingredients
1lb ground chicken
1/2 medium onion, minced
1 granny smith apple, peel, cored, and shredded
2 tbsp fresh sage, finely chopped
1 tbsp fennel seed
1/2 tsp ground allspice
1 egg, lightly beaten
salt and pepper, to taste

Directions
Prepare grill. 
Mix all the ingredients and form into patties (about 3/4 cup each). Place on lightly oiled grill and cook through, about 10 minutes.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...