Sunday, December 18, 2011

r.i.p.

I don't quite know how to put into words all the events that have happened in the last couple of days, except to say we've been through a roller coaster ride of emotions ... my mom and dad flew in from Singapore to spend the holidays with us. They arrived last Thursday night and were supposed to be here till the end of the year. But instead, they are making their way back to Singapore as I write this. We found out yesterday that my grandfather died after a 6-year struggle with glottic cancer and a strenuous 18-day battle with pneumonia.

L to R: me, Grandma, Mom, Aunt Shandy, Grandpa in Genting, Malaysia

I can only imagine how this is probably the longest flight my parents will ever fly. 

r.i.p. Grandpa Chua. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...